SOUTH PENNINE WALK, RUN, RIDE FESTIVAL
£15 per person
Sunday, 15 September 2019 from 08:00-18:00
Towneley Park, Burnley BB11 3RQ
A stunning 13 miles predominantly off road circuit on the historic Packhorse Trails that criss-cross the South Pennines. Run, Ride, Walk – an event for all the family.
Parking & refreshments
Map & talk through given to participants on the day.
ENTRIES CLOSE THURSDAY 13th SEPTEMBER
PLEASE STATE IF YOU ARE A RIDER, RUNNER, CYCLIST OR WALKER
NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY!
GRAPPLING WITH GATES
£15 per person
SUN, 22 SEP AT 10:00
Dyneley Stables, Cliviger BB11 3RE
A learn with a laugh day for those who hate to gate…
A series of individual tutorials at a variety of gates, each with it’s own ‘quirks’. Followed by a short circular of discovery which will confirm you will NEVER have to clamber up a wall, bank, drainpipe!!! whilst traversing the Countryside again… well, hardly ever … don’t give up the yoga just in case!
Limited to first come, first served.
On field parking. Refreshments & facilities onsite.
ENTRIES CLOSE THURSDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER.
NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY.
Disclaimer – Rules for participation in BBA Events
Riding Etiquette For Monthly Rides and / or Organised Events
The Riding Etiquette has been compiled to cover monthly Association & Event rides as and when they take place. Those taking part are required to ‘agree’ to the terms & conditions herein before entering for the safety and enjoyment of all.
It is understood that infringement of any or all of the Conditions of Entry during the activity/event which are of sufficient concern will result in the entrant being requested to withdraw from the event/ride by the BBA Committee/ the Ride leader and/or a Steward. In the event of such an action being necessary the rider/attendee in question will no longer be associated with the event or covered under the Organising Party’s insurance and will be expected to leave the event in an orderly way without disruption or interference, verbal or physical, of or to the organisers, stewards and/or other attendees.
In the case of Monthly rides it may be appropriate to ring and check times, venue, parking and to confirm attendance. Please do this on the preceding Thursday or Friday.
Finally, these events are meant to be fun for everyone so
DO AS YOU WOULD BE DONE BY!
Conditions of Entry for Organised Rides
- Riders & Cyclists must wear British Standard hard hats, all participants must wear appropriate footwear and be in good health, capable of completing the course without help.
- Cyclists must give way to riders & walkers and ensure their brakes are in proper working order.
- The Ride Leader will set the pace for the whole ride.
- At NO point and for NO reason are riders to overtake a Ride Leader.
- Riders are strongly encouraged to wear Hi-Viz.
- If a rider fails to comply with the reasonable requests and/or commands from the Organiser, Steward or Ride Leader they will be required to leave the event/ride and will no longer be covered by the rules/regulations or insurance of the Organiser of the event.
- No horses or ponies under 4 years old.
- All horses must be used to riding in company and wear the appropriate ribbon in their tail if a kicker, red or young horse, green.
- Horses liable to kick must remain at the back at all times when riding in a group.
- All Participants must observe the Countryside Code.
- Participants are responsible at all times for the actions of people and animals accompanying them, whether mounted or dismounted, at all times whilst taking part in the event.
- Participants must have 3rd Party Insurance and it will be a condition of entry that each entrant or party taking part shall indemnify the BBA against each and any legal action arising from any loss, damage, injury, death or mishap to people, objects or animals by signing/clicking this entry form on their own behalf or for the group they are part of or lead.
- A copy of the constitution, rules and conditions of this event can be viewed at the Secretary’s tent or online here.
Refunds will be made up to the closing date & monies returned minus the fee charged for the online service.